DockerCon Europe 2015 is a two day conference hosted by Docker in Barcelona, Spain November 16th and 17th. DockerCon is, naturally, focused on Docker and the Docker ecosystem, and NetApp will be present as a Gold sponsor showcasing the unique value NetApp software and platforms bring. We are also anxious to meet with customers and partners to see what we can do even better together!
Meet the Team
If you’re going to be in Barcelona, be sure to stop by our booth, number 29, to learn more about connecting the value of Enterprise Storage to Docker and the container ecosystem through Data ONTAP, E-Series, StorageGRID, AltaVault, and the NetApp data protection portfolio. If you’d like to schedule a private meeting, please let us know, we’re happy to meet and discuss any topic at length and in depth!
While you’re at the booth, you can also learn from our experts how NetApp solutions enable you to:
- Enhance continuous integration and DevOps workflows
- Protect persistent data for your containerized applications
- Provide robust, scalable data storage with the ability to non-disruptively move data between tiers and clouds
- Enable self-service data management, protection, and recoverability
- Leverage your existing storage infrastructure with the Docker ecosystem
- Design and build a scalable and resilient platform for hosting applications with persistent data needs
In addition to some riveting conversation with our development team, you should also check out some of our demos:
- Learn how to clone a running MongoDB instance using the NetApp Snap Creator Framework and FlexClone technology. This demo shows a MongoDB instance, running as a container on Mesos, being protected using NetApp snapshots, then cloned to a new instance for test/dev purposes using FlexClone technology. Using FlexClones means that there is no performance penalty and the clone happens instantly! If you are containerizing databases for your applications, don’t miss this demo!
- Watch as containerized applications are automatically registered with Snap Creator as they are instantiated. The Snap Creator Framework gives power to the application administrator, enabling them to manage data protection and recovery without relying on the storage team. This demo shows containerized applications being deployed, and as it happens, they are registered with Snap Creator, associated with a protection schedule, and able to be managed immediately. Whether you simply want to have reoccurring snapshots of the data, you want to replicate for disaster recovery, or you need the ability to quickly create consistent clones, all of your applications are protected with no effort.
- See NetApp storage provisioned, in real time, to be used by containers with the ClusterHQ Flocker native driver. Flocker decouples the container and the data volume, facilitating the movement of the volume from host to host. NetApp now has two integrations with Flocker: using the NetApp Unified Cinder Driver with OpenStack environments, or using the NetApp Native Driver where you can leverage Flocker with clustered Data ONTAP and the iSCSI protocol.
Our very own Jared Hocutt will be giving a Community Theater presentation from 1100 - 1115 Monday! This will be a particularly interesting presentation if you are using a private Docker Registry. Come listen to Jared talk about how NetApp scales the Registry using SnapMirror technology to replicate the data anywhere in the world. If you miss his session, be sure to stop by the booth, where we’ll have demos of the technology in action, and we’re pretty sure Jared will be happy to elaborate!
Engage with Us!
Be sure to ask the team about our other projects too! There’s lots of work happening in the background at NetApp to provide the most robust storage integration available, while ensuring we adhere to the Docker principles of simplicity and usability!
Leading up to DockerCon, and in the days that follow, we will be posting more information about the demos and other projects we are talking about at our booth. If you’re not able to be in Barcelona, be sure to keep an eye on the NetApp Open Source blog for additional posts! Be sure to see what we’re up to in real-time using Twitter. Watch the hash tags #NetApp and #DockerCon together to see what the team is doing, as they do it!
If you have any questions about Docker and NetApp’s integration, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! You can also reach out to us via Twitter, @NetApp, we would love to hear your thoughts!