- #2982 Add ‘date’ as alias to ‘day’ for startOf() and endOf().
- #2955 Add parsing negative components in durations when ISO 8601
- #2991 isBetween support for both open and closed intervals
- #3105 Add localeSorted argument to weekday listers
- #3102 Add k and kk formatting tokens
- #3109 Fix #1756 Resolved thread-safe issue on server side.
- #3078 Fix parsing for months/weekdays with weird characters
- #3098 Use Z suffix when in UTC mode (#3020)
- #2995 Fix floating point rounding errors in durations
- #3059 fix bug where diff returns -0 in month-related diffs
- #3045 Fix mistaking any input for ‘a’ token
- #2877 Use explicit .valueOf() calls instead of coercion
- #3036 Year setter should keep time when DST changes
Plus 3 new locales and locale fixes.
- #2932 List loaded locales
- #2818 Parse ISO-8061 duration containing both day and week values
- #2774 Implement locale inheritance and locale updating
- #2970 change add subtract to handle decimal values by rounding
- #2887 Fix toJSON casting of invalid moment
- #2897 parse string arguments for month() correctly, closes #2884
- #2946 Fix usage suggestions for min and max
- #2917 Locale Punjabi(Gurmukhi) India format conversion
2.11.2 (Fix ReDoS attack vector)
- #2939 use full-string match to speed up aspnet regex match
- #2881 Revert “Merge pull request #2746 from mbad0la:develop” Sep->Sept
- #2868 Add format and parse token Y, so it actually works
- #2865 Use typeof checks for undefined for global variables
- #2858 Fix Date mocking regression introduced in 2.11.0
- #2864 Include changelog in npm release
- #2830 dep: add grunt-cli
- #2869 Fix months parsing for some locales
#2515 Fix regression introduced
2.10.5 related to
- #2357 Improve unit bubbling for ISO dates
this fixes day to year conversions to work around end-of-year (~365 days). As
a side effect 365 days is 11 months and 30 days, and 366 days is one year.
- #2438 Fix inconsistent moment.min and moment.max results
Return invalid result if any of the inputs is invalid
- #2494 Fix two digit year parsing with YYYY format
This brings the benefits of YY to YYYY
- #2368 perf: use faster form of copying dates, across the board improvement
moment.fn.toNow (similar to
- new locales (Sinhalese (si), Montenegrin (me), Javanese (ja))
- performance improvements
- fixed moment-with-locales in browser env caused by esperanto change
- regression: Add moment.duration.fn back
Ported code to es6 modules.
- 2104 Frisian (fy) language file with unit test
- 2097 add ar-tn locale
- 2074 Implement
- 2088 add moment.fn.isBetween
- 2054 Call updateOffset when creating moment (needed for default timezone in
- 1893 Add moment.isDate method
- 1825 Implement toJSON function on Duration
- 1809 Allowing moment.set() to accept a hash of units
- 2128 Add firstDayOfWeek, firstDayOfYear locale getters
- 2131 Add quarter diff support
Some bugfixes and language improvements – full changelog
- #2000 Add LTS localised format that includes seconds
- #1960 added formatToken ‘x’ for unix offset in milliseconds #1938
- #1965 Support 24:00:00.000 to mean next day, at midnight.
- #2002 Accept ‘date’ key when creating moment with object
- #2009 Use native toISOString when we can
Some bugfixes and language improvements – full changelog
- #1801 proper pluralization for Arabic
- #1833 improve spm integration
- #1871 fix zone bug caused by Firefox 24
- #1882 Use hh:mm in Czech
- #1883 Fix 2.8.0 regression in duration as conversions
- #1890 Faster travis builds
- #1892 Faster isBefore/After/Same
- #1848 Fix flaky month diffs
- #1895 Fix 2.8.0 regression in moment.utc with format array
- #1896 Support setting invalid instance locale (noop)
- #1897 Support moment([str]) in addition to moment([int])
- #1874 use
obj.hasOwnProperty (ie8 bug)
- #1873 add
- #1859 better month/weekday names in norwegian
- #1812 meridiem parsing for greek
- #1804 spanish del -> de
- #1800 korean LT improvement
- bugfix #1813: fix moment().lang([key]) incompatibility
- incompatible changes
- #1761: moments created without a language are no longer following the global language, in case it changes. Only newly created moments take the global language by default. In case you’re affected by this, wait, comment on #1797 and wait for a proper reimplementation
- #1642: 45 days is no longer “a month” according to humanize, cutoffs for month, and year have changed. Hopefully your code does not depend on a particular answer from humanize (which it shouldn’t anyway)
- #1784: if you use the human readable English datetime format in a weird way (like storing them in a database) that would break when the format changes you’re at risk.
- deprecations (old behavior will be dropped in 3.0)
lang is renamed to
localeData. Also there is now
defineLocale that should be used when creating new locales
add(unit, value) and
subtract(unit, value) are now deprecated. Use
add(value, unit) and
subtract(value, unit) instead.
- #1759 rename
duration.toISOString. The js standard library and moment’s
toISOString follow that convention.
- new locales
- bugfixes, locale bugfixes, performance improvements, features
- #1678 Bengali (bn)
- #1628 Azerbaijani (az)
- #1633 Arabic, Saudi Arabia (ar-sa)
- #1648 Austrian German (de-at)
- #1663 configurable relative time thresholds
- #1554 support anchor time in moment.calendar
- #1693 support moment.ISO_8601 as parsing format
- #1637 add moment.min and moment.max and deprecate min/max instance methods
- #1704 support string value in add/subtract
- #1647 add spm support (package manager)
- #1419, #1468, #1467, #1546 better handling of timezone-d moments around DST
- #1462 add weeksInYear and isoWeeksInYear
- #1475 support ordinal parsing
- #1499 composer support
- #1577, #1604 put Date parsing in moment.createFromInputFallback so it can be properly deprecated and controlled in the future
- #1545 extract two-digit year parsing in moment.parseTwoDigitYear, so it can be overwritten
- #1590 (see #1574) set AMD global before module definition to better support non AMD module dependencies used in AMD environment
- #1589 remove global in Node.JS environment (was not working before, nobody complained, was scheduled for removal anyway)
- #1586 support quarter setting and parsing
- 18 bugs fixed
- #1429 fixes #1423 weird chrome-32 bug with js object creation
- #1421 remove html entities from Welsh
- #1418 fixes #1401 improved non-padded tokens in strict matching
- #1417 fixes #1404 handle buggy moment object created by property cloning
- #1398 fixes #1397 fix Arabic-like week number parsing
- #1396 add leftZeroFill(4) to GGGG and gggg formats
- #1373 use lowercase for months and days in Catalan
- #1374 run tests on multiple browser/os combos via SauceLabs and Travis
- New languages
- 1311 Add quarter getter and format token
- 1303 strict parsing now respects number of digits per token (fix 1196)
- 0d30bb7 add jspm support
- 1347 improve zone parsing
- 1362 support merideam parsing in Korean
- 22 bugfixes
- Deprecate globally exported moment, will be removed in next major
- New languages
- properly handle Z at the end of iso RegExp #1187
- chinese meridian time improvements #1076
- fix language tests #1177
- remove some failing tests (that should have never existed :))
- handle russian noun cases in weird cases #1195
Removed a trailing comma  and fixed a bug with
weekdays getters #1171.
Changed isValid, added strict parsing.
Week tokens parsing.
Fixed bug in string prototype test.
Updated authors and contributors.
Added bower support.
Language files now use UMD.
Creating moment defaults to current date/month/year.
Added a bundle of moment and all language files.
Added better week support.
Added ability to set offset with
Added ability to set month or weekday from a string.
Added short form localized tokens.
Added ability to define language a string should be parsed in.
Added support for reversed add/subtract arguments.
Added support for
Fixed the logic for
moment#diff(Moment, 'months') and
moment#diff now floors instead of rounds.
Added better week support.
Bugfix: Fixed parsing of first century dates
Bugfix: Parsing 10Sep2001 should work as expected
Bugfix: Fixed weirdness with
Changed language ordinal method to return the number + ordinal instead of just the ordinal.
Changed two digit year parsing cutoff to match strptime.
moment#eod in favor of
moment.humanizeDuration() in favor of
Removed the lang data objects from the top level namespace.
Date passed to
moment() instead of referencing it.
Added validation via
Made formatting method 3x faster. http://jsperf.com/momentjs-cached-format-functions
Add support for month/weekday callbacks in
Added instance specific languages.
Added two letter weekday abbreviations with the formatting token
Various language updates.
Revamped parser to support parsing non-separated strings (YYYYMMDD vs YYYY-MM-DD).
Added support for millisecond parsing and formatting tokens (S SS SSS)
Added a getter for
There are a few things deprecated in the 1.6.0 release.
The format tokens
zz (timezone abbreviations like EST CST MST etc) will no longer be supported. Due to inconsistent browser support, we are unable to consistently produce this value. See this issue for more background.
moment.fn.native is deprecated in favor of
moment.fn.toDate. There continue to be issues with Google Closure Compiler throwing errors when using
native, even in valid instances.
The way to customize am/pm strings is being changed. This would only affect you if you created a custom language file. For more information, see this issue.
Added UTC mode.
Added automatic ISO8601 parsing.
moment.fn.toDate as a replacement for
moment.fn.eod to get the start and end of day.
Added support for parsing month names in the current language.
Added escape blocks for parsing tokens.
moment.fn.calendar to format strings like ‘Today 2:30 PM’, ‘Tomorrow 1:25 AM’, and ‘Last Sunday 4:30 AM’.
moment.fn.day as a setter.
Added timezones to parser and formatter.
moment.fn.zone to get the timezone offset in minutes.
Added time specific diffs (months, days, hours, etc)
moment.fn.format localized masks. ‘L LL LLL LLLL’ issue 29
Fixed issue 31.
moment.version to get the current version.
window !== undefined when checking if module exists to support browserify. issue 25
Added convenience methods for getting and setting date parts.
Added better support for
Added better lang support in NodeJS.
Renamed library from underscore.date to Moment.js
Added Portuguese, Italian, and French language support
Added _date.lang() support.
Added support for passing multiple formats to try to parse a date. _date(“07-10-1986”, [“MM-DD-YYYY”, “YYYY-MM-DD”]);
Made parse from string and single format 25% faster.
Bugfix for issue 8 and issue 9.
Bugfix for issue 5.
Dropped the redundant
_date.date() in favor of
_date.now(), as it is a duplicate of
_date() with no parameters.
Exposed customization options through the
_date.ordinal variables instead of the
Added date input formats for input strings.
Added underscore.date to npm. Removed dependencies on underscore.
_.date().format(). Cleaned up some redundant code to trim off some bytes.
Cleaned up the namespace. Moved all date manipulation and display functions to the _.date() object.
Switched to the Underscore methodology of not mucking with the native objects’ prototypes.
Made chaining possible.
Changed date names to be a more pseudo standardized ‘dddd, MMMM Do YYYY, h:mm:ss a’.
Changed function names to be more concise.
Changed date format from php date format to custom format.